There are many childcare qualifications available to individuals who are looking to work within the child care sector.
To apply for a nanny position you will require:
- An up to date CV and confirmed references.
- Proof of your qualifications and certificates and a satisfactory DBS check
- First aid certificate
- Drivers licence
- An application form (Provided upon request)
- A Nanny Profile.
Nannies will usually have completed courses offered by the following organisations:
- In England, Wales and Northern Ireland, recognized certificates or diplomas are awarded by the Council for Award’s in Children’s Care and Education (CACHE), as well as by institutions affiliated with the Association of Nursery Training Colleges.
- In Scotland, the Scottish Child Care and Education Board (SNNB) awards certificates of qualification.
- In addition, CACHE, SNNB and the Royal Society of Health offer post-certification qualifications.
Recognised childcare qualifications include:
- CACHE Level 3, Diploma in Childcare and Education (DCE) (Previously known as NNEB) A two-year, full-time or three-year part-time course equivalent to two A-levels
- BTEC Higher National Diploma a full time course equivalent of the first year of a degree.
- NVQ in Childcare and Education – level 3 considered the equivalent of the CACHE Level 3 Diploma. An experienced childminder or mother’s help could apply to be assessed at this level.
- City & Guild
- Early years degree or diploma
- Bachelor of Education